Serious injuries and death often lead to the courtroom. At Baird Williams & Greer, LLP, our lawyers have the experience necessary to successfully handle both the prosecution and defense of injury cases. Trials in injury cases involve the most personal and delicate of feelings. Most juries readily identify with those who have had a loss and emotions often run high. Good trial lawyers, though, know how to ground a case on facts. Tough scientific questions have to be presented in terms that people who aren't aerospace engineers or product designers can understand. Medical causes and results have to be laid out so clearly that no one can misunderstand. That takes detailed and thorough preparation. We have done so in these types of cases:
• Airplane and helicopter crashes
• Bus accidents
• Trucking collisions
• Motor vehicle collisions
• Dram shop/drunk driving
• Construction accidents
Robert L. Greer leads this practice area. Mr. Greer is a certified specialist in injury and wrongful death litigation, one of only 200 or so specialists of the 18,000 lawyers in Arizona. To be certified by the State Bar of Arizona an attorney must:
• Have experience in all aspects of trial, including at least 10 jury trials to verdict involving death or catastrophic injury, as well as appeals.
• Receive favorable reviews from no less than ten judges or opposing attorneys who have first hand observations of the lawyer's competence, knowledge, skill, thoroughness, preparation, effectiveness, and judgment, as well as ethics and professionalism.
• Pass a written examination demonstrating complete knowledge of substantive law and rules of practice, procedure, evidence and ethics pertaining to injury litigation.
That experience has led the firm to a difficult and complex area of injury litigation: products liability. When a consumer buys a product, that person expects that product to perform its function safely and efficiently. The consumer also justifiably expects the supplier to provide adequate warnings and instructions for safe use of the product. And, generally speaking, most suppliers do. However, inherent flaws in some product designs can lead to injury and even death. Sometimes allegations of flaws or defects are made without substance.
Baird Williams & Greer, LLP has both defended and prosecuted cases involving allegations of product defects, preparing convincing, fact-based arguments leading to fair resolutions for our clients. The successful resolution of these cases serves to keep safety first and foremost in the corporate world.
The firm has handled products liability cases involving:
• Helicopter/Airplane crashes
• Industrial equipment
• Electrical injuries
• Home power tools
• Personal watercraft
• Seatback failures
• Chain saws
• Reverse osmosis systems
• Tire failures
• Vehicle rollovers
• Pool filters
We invite you to learn more about Baird Williams & Greer, LLP, our lawyers, our experience, our capabilities and our concern for the issues faced by our clients.
Call us with questions about:
•18 wheeler/semi truck accidents
•Hit and run
•Slip and falls
•Elder/ Nursing Home Abuse